The Next Level Sales Consulting Contact Us | Get Free Newsletter | TNL On-Demand™
About Next Level Sales Consulting Coaching for Managers Sales Training Keynote Speakers Sales Insights Client Results
OvervieweNewsletterArchivesLibrary of Articlese-LearningBooksSales ToolsManagement ToolsPresentation ToolsInspirational QuotesSales StoriesWhite Papers


MOTIVATIONAL SALES STORIES

Sharpen your sales skills! Sign up to receive the free monthly newsletter from The Next Level Sales Consulting. Enter your email address below:

ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS ISN'T SOMETHING THAT JUST HAPPENS

In a study done at Harvard University more than 40 years ago, researchers polled the graduating class of 1953 to find out how many students actually had clearly written specific goals and a plan for achieving them.  This being a class of highly intelligent people at one of the world's most renowned universities, you'd expect the answer to be most of them, right?

Not even close.  In fact, only 3 percent of the class had taken the time to write down their goals.
Now here comes the really interesting part.  Some 20 years later, researchers polled this same group of graduates to see how they had fared in life.  It turned out that the 3 percent who had written down their goals had accumulated more wealth than the other 97 percent of their class combined!  Researchers reported that these people also seemed healthier and happier than their classmates.

I was in college when I first heard about this study, and I wondered if achieving your goals could really be that easy.  "Put in writing what you want and focus on it daily"?  Well, it may not be easy, but over the years I definitely have seen it work.

David Bach
Smart Women Finish Rich

 

View More Sales Stories

 

Learn more about The Next Level's sales coaching for managers, sales training programs, or hire a keynote speaker.



The Next Level Sales Consulting, Suite 405 |  214 Main Street |  El Segundo, CA  90245  |  Tel. (310) 643-7700  |  Terms & Privacy  |  Site Map
Sales Management Training Sales Training Program Keynote Speaker